(The books are available under the call # indicated. The articles on personal reserve are available through the library. Note that, as registered students at TC you have access to all the Columbia libraries and their on-line resources. In particular about all journal articles are available there.)
(All are on TC reserve. You may want to purchase the starred items. They are available at Amazon)
|Garfinkel||Studies in Ethnomethodology|
|*||Geertz||The interpretation of cultures|
|*||Gershon||Down and out in the new economy|
|*||Holland||Identity and agency in cultural worlds|
|*||Koyama||Making failure pay|
|*||Latour, Bruno||Reassembling the social|
|*||Lévi-Strauss||The savage mind|
all articles are available on line either through my site, TC library (you must be registered in one of my classes to have access to these) , or the Columbia e-journal collections (you will have to identify yourself and use your password to get to these when accessing the material from a non-Columbia computer)
- on open sites:
- Benedict, Ruth "Configurations of culture in North America,"
- Boas, Franz The mind of primitive man
- Durkheim, Emile The rules of the sociological method
- Durkheim, Emile Suicide
- Marx The Communist Manifesto.
- Marx The German ideology.
- Smith, M. G. The study of social structure
- Weber, Max The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism
- through TC library (you need to be registered in the class)
- through Columbia (you need to have a current CUNIX idea to get to the e-journals)
- through my site:
- through TC library
- Comitas "The Social Nexus of Ganja in Jamaica."
- McDermott "A century of Margaret Mead." Teachers College Record 103:843-867. 2000